Monday, October 5, 2009

Miss Independent

Lately little Bee has been all about doing it herself and this morning was no different! Every Monday morning I fill a fabric grocery bag, we have tons because we try to use those at the grocery store but it seems I am always forgetting them so I end up buying one, anyway, I fill the bag with what she needs at daycare for the week. Her cot sheet, a blanket, change of clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. This morning she took it upon herself to carry the bag to the van all on her own. (Of course, she decides to do this when I need to get her moving because I am running late.) Now, the bag is as tall as she is and about two of her wide. She insisted on carrying it herself and I was okay with it, however, she was only holding it by one handle. She held the handle at the bottom where it meets the top of the bag. So, she did good there because that enabled her to hold it up off of the ground pretty well but only on the side of the handle she was holding! Husband is home on Mondays and we were trying to explain to her that she needed to hold BOTH handles and it would be easier. Well, you would think we were starting world war three! Every time we tried to show her she freaked out! Screaming! So we let her go out the door and walk down the sidewalk herself. She tripped once landing on the bag thankfully but also on my lunch, which was at the bottom, not thankfully! At least it broke her fall though! Finally she dropped it and flopped open to showed that her blankie was in there. She reached down to pick it up. I, luckily, at that point was able to barter with her! She would carry the blanket and I would carry the bag. A deal was made and we got to the van that much quicker! Phew! This is just another in a long line of instances where she has wanted to show off her independence! Ah, toddler independence, is there anything cuter or more frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment