Monday, March 29, 2010

Craziness ensues!!!

Things have been pret-ty crazy around here lately. It constantly looks like a toy explosion in our living room and things have become completely unorganized. I am starting to feel like spring cleaning is in our very near future! Bee is doing wonderfully! She is talking so much and saying such funny things. I have found, though, that she does not like change and I mean does not like it. If there is a schedule, or something that we do regularly, she does not want to stray from it! Our morning routine is one of these things and just one example of what I am talking about.

Every morning she comes in at about 6:30 am, wakes me up and we get some cereal and turn a show on, I won't name it but to give you a hint it is a small explorer and sometimes her cousin or a curious little monkey! In any case, she has her breakfast and some milk and I get ready for work. We get in the car and I take her in to school. Once we get in to her class, she picks out the seat where she will eat her breakfast, yes breakfast again. Don't worry, she only gets a little bit of cereal to tie her over until breakfast at school. I don't need Jamie Oliver showing up at my door with a Food Revolution! Which, by the way, I caught the first episode and it was great. Anyway, I sit her down in the chair of her choosing and they give her breakfast. I give her a kiss and most of the time she then pushes me away and says, "go mommy or vamanos mommy." Thank you little explorer girl. The other morning, however, was a different story. We get to the school and there is a firetruck taking up most of the parking lot and parents with their kids out on the sidewalk. There are also teachers with the kids that had already been dropped off out on the playground. In their designated areas, of course, because every age group has their own fenced off section of playground. After waiting for about 25 minutes they decide to allow the parents that are waiting to drop the kids off to their respective teachers in the playground area assigned to their age group. So, I go in with Bee and give her to the teacher with her class, give her a kiss and start to leave. She freaked out! This is not the first time, that something has not gone normal or what she is used, that she has had a complete meltdown! So, I wonder, am I creating a schedule/planning/routine loving little girl? Have I been to strict on the schedule keeping since she was a baby? I myself am a planner and do not always handle spontaneity well. In fact it makes me itch, but, I do have to say that I am usually well organized when it comes to things happening during the week or bills needing to be paid. I keep a planner and an email calendar that alerts me when tasks are about to be due and it even emails me a schedule every morning at 5:00 am, like I am up that early but when I log in it is there and I know what is happening that day. I also have a backup online calendar in case my first one fails. Hmmm....looking back at what I just wrote am I a schedule monster? And worse yet, am I creating a smaller version schedule monster and is that bad of a thing??? I say, no way!! I say, schedule away mommas!! Teach your kids to schedule away!!!! Schedule power!!! Okay, maybe I am going a little over board but seriously, I would rather her meltdown every once in a while if things don't go perfectly than be completely lost.

P.S. There was no actual fire damage to the building and none of the kids were hurt. Whomever was making breakfast, the breakfast that Bee so expects to be ready when she sits at her seat, caught something on fire and burned it. Every thing was fine though and they were bringing in fans when I was leaving to get the smoke out. So, no worries there and yes I still completely trust them with my little Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment