Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sick kid!

Well, this past Labor Day weekend was a labor of love! Love of my child and wanting to make her better!! We had the whole weekend planned and it all went to crap on Sunday morning when Bee woke up at 5 AM with a 102.7 degree fever. I have dealt with Bee being sick before but never like this. The fevers were very scary for me. Mainly because when we as adults get a fever that high that means we are really sick. For a kid, however, I found out that I shouldn't get too scared until it goes over 104 even possibly 105! Is that crazy or what! Then I also found out that you should not take the temperature of a child, as young as Bee, right after they wake up! Because the fever can be higher as a result of them being all cuddled up and sleeping, they call it a "bundling fever." Crazy huh!? Anyway, we dealt with high fevers all weekend, one even reached 104.2! Like I said, she has been sick before but never like this! I felt so helpless and was kind of fumbling my way through how to take care of her. It seemed as though when I followed my instincts it went well. It was when I second guessed myself that I fell a little short. It was awful seeing her that way with her red little eyes, runny nose, tearing eyes and paleness! All she wanted was to be held by me or hubby. She was so cute and sweet though she did have an occasional outburst of snottiness but who doesn't when they don't feel good. She would ask for me, come to me and then ask for him. While we didn't get a lot of sleep for those few days I do have to say it was a good bonding experience for all three of us. Hubby and I know we can handle it and take care of our girl and she knows we are there and she can count on us to try our best to make it all better! I will leave it at that and not even go into the fact that I realized just how important we are to her! I found some perspective on that this weekend as well but I will leave that for another time! I am still trying to catch up on my sleep!! Just wanted to post a little something, ya know, to keep the habit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment