Friday, September 4, 2009

Top 5 Things

There are many friends, or friends of friends, that seem to be pregnant right now. The other day I was asked what were some of the things I use daily that I feel I can't live with out. So, I thought about it for a while and since I have nothing to blog about today I decided to share. And since usually everyone knows what they need for a newborn, thanks to the zillion "what you need for a newborn" lists and nana's and great aunts (in my case), not many people think about what they will need when that child gets a little older! So, here it goes!

1.) Books! - Bee loves books. She will walk right past her toys and play with her books. We read 4 books every night before bed. If we read less than 4 we are in trouble. That equates to about 20-30 minutes of reading depending on the length of the books she wants. I have read that reading to your child for 20 minutes a day and I quote, "inspires a life long love of learning." That is what I intend on doing!

2.) Floppy Seat - I am a huge germaphobe! This thing is the greatest and we get stopped all of the time in the grocery stores and restaurants by people asking where we got it! It is awesome! It covers up nasty grocery store carts and gross restaurant high chairs. If you have a kid like mine, who likes to put everything in her mouth, than this is for you! I keep it right in the van so I always have it.

3.) Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat - This thing is the bomb! As with the Floppy, I keep this seat in my van at all times! That way if we go to someone's house she always has a seat to sit on. It has different levels for height and it has a detachable, dish washer safe tray. It's very portable and easy to carry. Bee loves it!

4.) Baby wash cloths - I never seem to have enough but I love these things! They work for everything! Washing her face, for bath time, for clean up after dinner but the best is when she has a stuffy, dry bugger nose! I run the hot water and get the wash cloth nice and wet with hot water. I let it sit for a couple seconds to cool and then use it to get all the dry buggers off! Works like a charm and because they are soo soft it doesn't hurt her nose. They are very useful!

5.) Music - Bee has had a CD player in her room since she was born. Everynight since then we have played classical music, lately it's been Disney Princess Lullaby CD, for her to help soothe her and help her fall asleep. Now, we have a very impressive children's music CD collection because Bee is a music lover, just like her mama. We have CD's in the car and CD's in her room. So, whether we are riding in the van, she is playing in her room or she is falling asleep we always have music if she wants it! I even made CD's for Nana's car as well! And trust me, we keep the less annoying stuff in the van! Currently favorites include the Disney Princess CD, the Curious George Soundtrack, Baby Einstein: Sing and Play (mostly for Row, Row, Row Your Boat) and the newest is "B is for Bob," which is a children's Bob Marley CD. She loves them and even asks for them by name! It's very cute!

So, these are my 5... for right now anyway. They will probably change next week. I will alert if anything new pops up that I love! I would like to ask that if you have a top 5 please leave a comment with them. I think it's good to share! There are always some things I forget about or honestly don't even think of!

1 comment:

  1. My Sleepy Baby (Moby) wrap for newborn to about 4-5 months and my Ergo carrier since then.

    ReplyDelete