Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three little words...

Well, Bee has perfected the art of the three little words. It's absolutely adorable! However, it is also frustrating! These three little words are not of the lovey dovey sort. These little words are: no, mine and stop (with the hand up)! I think over the weekend we heard "no" about 10 times an hour while she was awake. And we even heard it a couple of times during the night while she was talking in her sleep! We went through something similar about 6 months ago with but then it was a small grunt and a light slap on our arm. Back then, we first made it a huge deal telling her no, not do that, it was not nice, be nice, etc. It seemed to only fuel it so we decided to ignore it and not call attention to it. That way we could sort of defuse the power of it. Well, that worked! It took a couple weeks but eventually she realized that getting that sort of attention wasn't going to happen. This time we started out the same with the "no's" and "be nice's" but we are quickly realizing that maybe, again, ignoring it and not giving it power is what is needed. The problem is that with her being a little older it's a little harder to ignore such down right rebellion! It is is so cute sometimes but other times it is so frustration! Especially when we are around other people. It can get a little embarrassing! I think people must be staring at us and thinking, geeze, that kid is a brat, her parents need to get her under control. Worst of all, I think, that they must think, we are bad parents! It's a terrible feeling! Especially since I know that is not really the case but it's hard. I really want her to be good in a group of people and out in public. I want people to see how sweet she really can be! This weekend we were at a baby shower and I got a lot of compliments on how good she was. I thought, really? They were just being polite. So she didn't have any meltdowns or outburtst, but she told me no about 50 times and wrote on the person's wall! I felt like she could have done better! Like, oh, I don't know, not talk back to me! She did redeem herself in the end when, as we were leaving, she went around and gave everyone left a hug and kiss. While doing that she was the sweet little girl we know at home! Certainly she was not herself earlier when I told her she couldn't draw on me and she smacked me on the arm and said "no, mine!" "You, stop!" I suppose at this point, thought, she is a mixture of both! I really, really want this to be the worst of it! Please, really, I want this to be the worst! Really!! I do!! Please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment