Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bedtime tantrums and biting....sheesh!

We have hit a spell, a bad spell, with bedtime. My beautiful little master manipulator has learned that all she needs to do is scream, at the top of her lungs, and we come running! Well, it seems that we have gotten hip to that! The last two nights instead of running back in there we have let her scream. I mean she really lets loose! She screams for us at the top of her lungs but oddly enough, no tears! Hmmm, so, we decided to let her scream it out. It literally took four minutes both nights before she was quiet and sleeping! Amazing! All we had to do was take our "feeling guilty" hats off and it seemed to be fine! We will see how it goes tomorrow night!! 

Today was interesting when I went to pick Bee up from daycare. I was told upon my arrival that she cried for me several times during the day, which of course made me sad but then I was told she bit another classmate. At this point the day is almost over so what do I about it? I know I can spend a little one on one time with her in the evening to let her know I am here, not leaving her, I love her and she's my girl. The biting though, how can I talk to her about it way after the fact? We are going to try though and see what happens! The screaming I can handle but the biting I seem to have a more difficult time with! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment