Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Blog Ever!

So, I am new to the whole blogging thing. I have read other blogs and have friends that enjoy doing it but I never thought to do it myself. Until a friend mentioned it to me that is. I am not one of those moms who records every step of my child's progress or spends time creating scrapbooks. I am lazy that way. I alway think that I can rely on my memory, which if you are a mom, you know I am clearly lying to myself! So, taking my friend's advice, I decided I would give this a try and use it sort of as my memory keeper. Now, we just need to see if I keep up with it!

Here is a little history on me and my family. My husband and I met about 9 years ago. The first two years we were friends. He was married to some one else and had a daughter with his then wife. Then, well, things changed and suddenly he wasn't married anymore and suddenly we realized that the friendship was more than just a friendship. We have been together since 2002. We were married in 2007 and concieved our beautiful baby girl on our honeymoon or so my husband thinks! I tend to think it was a couple weeks later but what do I know, it was only MY body! My daughter and step-daughter share the same birthday and are exactly 10 years apart. It's interesting really how close they are for being so far apart in age. It could have gone pretty badly with them sharing the same birthday but instead they have a great bond. Much to our relief!

I am sure in upcoming blogs you will see the struggles I have with being a wife, a new mom, learning with a 20 month old, learning to deal with a 20 month old and also dealing with the outside issues of a step-daughter and a husband's lunatic ex-wife. Mostly though I will spend time talking about my Bee. We call her Bee because when she was a newborn she would get herself all worked up and you would think you were going to hear a full blown crying fit but instead she would say "mmbbee." So, that is how her nickname got started and we love it! We love our little Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment