Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Haircut!

Well, Saturday August 8, 2009 was Bee's first haircut! I was nervous, excited and a little sad. My baby is growing up! I was nervous and bracing myself for an all out scream fest but...it was actually fine! We got there fairly early in the morning and when we walked in the stylist had balloons all over her station and a little present on the table for Bee. It was very sweet and over and beyond! Bee loved it and it made the experience really special! I decided I would go first to show her that there was nothing to be afraid of and it seems as though that worked! While I was getting my haircut Bee sat with Nana and watched, very intently. She studied everything from the shampooing to the drying! It was like she was taking notes! We kept asking her if she wanted to go next and she would say "tay." We got her in the chair and put the smock on her. She didn't like the smock and instead of fighting her about it and causing unnecessary tears we took it off. She did really well. The stylist gave her some hair clips to play with. While she played with those she got her hair cut and it was done. It was done in less than 10 minutes! She was so good and got her little present afterwards. Over all it was a very good and positive experience! Thank goodness!! Now she looks more like a little girl and less like a baby! That has been a little hard but I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. My reccomendation to anyone who has to go through this is to plan it out well and try to get your hair cut first! If mommy does it then it must be okay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment