Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is my child a master manipulater?

Last night I saw something pretty silly but interesting! Nana and Pop Pop made a spontaneous visit and while we were there Bee put on some of her best work! The first time she got a boo boo, while they were there, it was for real and we were all "Are you okay?" and giving her hugs and kisses. Well, the times that followed were not so serious. They were down right little shows! She did her fake little whine and crinkled her nose like she was crying. Immediately the hubby and I were like, "oh, please! you are fine." But...Nana, was well, a different story! She immediately put her arms out to Bee and Bee would go running to her, making that silly face and the fakest little cry you can imagine! Every time Bee would "hurt" herself she would instantly look over to her Nana, Nana would put her arms out and say "come here precious girl" in her most ridiculous baby talk! It was a little disgusting! These events have led me to question myself and how much do I personally give in to her? I think I must give in to her plenty and I probably don't even know it! So, this has put me on a little quest to find out.... is my little Bee a little master manipulater? Stay tuned! I will be giving updates! Ha!!

1 comment:

  1. My little guy is about 22 mos now, and he does that all the time!!! He makes this hilarious pouty face and lets out a little huff (sounds like he's humming). It took us weeks to figure out that he was totally "playing" us. Now, we counter his pout with a sort of "smile showdown" - he always loses and starts cracking up. It's a riot. This is by far, my favorite age in child development.

    ReplyDelete